Saturday 19 December 2015

gingerbread fun!

hey guys!
I am such a bad blogger I haven't posted since the middle of November,I am extremely sorry for that to make up for it I thought id share a festive recipe i've done multiple of times during December....GINGERBREAD! honestly this is one of my favourite things to bake and its so fun and easy to do for all ages.

For this recipe you will need:
- 350g(12oz) plain flour (plus extra for rolling out dough)
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g (4 1/2oz)butter,softened preferably.
(Note:you will need extra to grease your tin or oil)
- 175g (6oz) light soft brown sugar
- 1 free range egg
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- weighing scales
- large bowl
- cookie cutters
- rolling pin
- baking trays

to decorate (optional)
- writing icing
- cake decorations (sprinkles make everything better)

You'll want to get a clean surface and set up all of your equipment and ingredients.
For your convenience i weighed out all of my ingredients first so you can just chuck it all in                                                                      without hassle!
                        MAKE SURE TO WASH YOUR HANDS,DON'T BE GROSS.
1)Sift together the flour,bicarbonate of soda,ginger and cinnamon into the large bowl. I did all of this by hand but if your lazy you could use a food processor to make it even easier.
2)Add the butter and blend until it looks like bread crumbs.
(Note: i melted my butter in the microwave for 5-10 seconds so it would combine quicker)
3) Stir in sugar.
4)Lightly beat the egg and golden syrup together,add to the other ingredients. Stir in the wet ingredients until mixture is clumping together
5) At this stage,You want to tip the dough on to clean surface,Kneed briefly until smooth,Wrap in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes (I honestly don't know what this does and i've skipped out this step a few times,because i'm inpatient and it turned out fine so I don't know!)
6) Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas.
 Line baking tray(s) with grease proof paper or cover tray in butter.
7) Roll out the dough on a lightly flour coated surface to about a cm thickness (a pound coin is a good thickness)
8) Using your cute little cutters (I choose different sized gingerbread men) cut out the shapes placing them on the tray evenly spaced out.
9) Bake for 12-15 minutes,or until lightly golden brown,leave on tray for 10 minutes to cool then move them on to a wire rack till fully cooled down
10) You then can decorate them till your hearts content! :)

I hope you all get use out of this recipe and all have an amazing Christmas! I am once again very sorry for my irregular posting but i promise after Christmas ill get back on my schedule.
                                               
                                                      ill speak to you all soon,
                                                                  BellaB x

No comments:

Post a Comment